This 1942 Ford GPW has been completely restored and is in excellent running and driving condition. Based on the serial number, the jeep was produced in July 1942, near the end of the jeeps produced by Ford with the Ford script logo on the rear panel. This jeep was delivered to the Army and later reconditioned in Birminghm, AL in May, 1945. It then went to Fort Bliss inEl Paso, TX, where it is believed to have been a Military Police jeep. It was wrecked in 1945 and sold as scrap in 1946. It remained in the scrap yard for several decades until it was rescued with the intent of eventually restoring it.
During the restoration, particular attention was made to retain as many original parts as possible for themes accurate type of restoration. The drive train and chassis were completely restored and painted to museum standards. The jeep runs on the 6 volt system as it had originally, with newly rebuilt starter and generator. The 4 cylinder 134 CID engine, T-84 transmission, Dana transfer case and differentials were rebuilt during the process. There are many F marked parts throughout (including front cross member, machine gun mount, shock mounts, bumpers and bumperettes, top bows and brackets, rear seat frame, side and corner handles, transmission, cylinder head, oil filter mount, radiator, exhaust manifold and more). Also included are 5 rebuilt original combat rims with new tires, tubes and l miners. A few pictures of the body during restoration process are included so you an see that the body is solid.
New items (non-original, reproduction items) include: summer top,seat cushions (from WeeBee Webbing), windshield frame (from Ron Fitzpatrick), gauges and wiring harness (from Vintage Wiring of Maine). Many of the smaller NOS and other parts were sourced through 820 Jeep in Fort Worth.
Clear Texas Title and only for sale in the United States. No overseas buyers – US only.